Rosderra Irish Meats Group is committed to conducting its business in a manner consistent with protecting the environment.
Our focus is on improving our high standards of environmental performance by continuous improvement across our business from the sourcing of our raw materials to operating our processes and supply chain in an energy efficient manner.
It is our objective to supply our customers with a high quality product while minimising the impact on the environment by using sustainable practices.
We are committed to protecting the environment where we operate by incorporating innovation and sustainable development into our business strategy.
Our key objective for membership of Origin Green is to establish a verifiable system that demonstrates to our customers the company’s commitment to a sustainable supply chain.
We hope that through Origin Green we can work towards best practice on Carbon Dioxide emission reduction that we can reduce consumption of our natural resources and with using Lean Manufacturing systems we can achieve a positive impact on our operating costs.
Origin Green is a voluntary sustainability development program led by Bord Bia(The Irish food Board) that demonstrates the commitment of Irish Food and Drink manufacturers to operating their business in a sustainable manner.
The heart of Origin Green is a sustainability charter committing participants to engage directly with the challenges of sustainability; reducing energy inputs, minimising their overall carbon footprint while also minimising their impact on the environment.
It is the world’s first countrywide sustainability standard.
Rosderra Irish Meats Group – Verified Origin Green Member
In conjunction with Bord Bia, Rosderra Irish Meats Group attained full membership of The Bord Bia Origin Green programme in February 2014. The minister for Agriculture, Food and Marine Mr. Simon Covney TD attended the Rosderra Meats – Origin Green corporate launchduring a visit to the companied headquarters located in Edenderry, Co Offaly.
Rosderra Irish Meats Group have established verifiable reduction targets covering the areas of Energy, Carbon emissions, Water and Waste. The company have put in place a comprehensive planincorporatingboth innovation and a verifiable measurement and reporting system to ensure the targets are delivered.
See Rosderra Irish Meats case study here.
• We understand the importance of reducing our greenhouse gas emissions through sustainable practices and this will work in tandem with the implementation of lean manufacturing systems.
• We are focusing our sustainability strategy on environmental savings in energy, water, emissions, and waste. Energy has been chosen as our stretch target, as it is the one key target area that has the greatest potential to improve sustainability.
• Our Energy reduction target will be achieved through heat recovery systems, the implementation of an electric motor management usage system, and management of space heating in conjunction with further insulation.
• Water reductions will be achieved predominantly through more efficient wash down equipment
• What being a good neighbour means to us
• Rosderra Irish Meats Group and our staff play active roles in the communities in which we operate. We sponsor a range of local charitable organizations as well as golf societies, sports clubs, in addition to People of the Year awards. We also support internal social clubs that organize staff social weekends and annual Christmas parties for children.
• Rosderra Irish Meats Group supports a number of medical faculties by donating a range of pork organs for medical research and medical student practices.
• We have participated in the sustainable energy community scheme – providing local schools and clubs with funding to become more energy efficient.
• Through a structured approach that values experience and consultation, we will constantly work to improve our methods and our outcomes, with a belief that a collective approach yields outcomes for the betterment of all.